29 May 2006

Pre-Update

The puppy has a name: Buster. Not what I would have chosen, but he's not my dog. :^D My dad had another dog named Buster a long time ago, and this puppy reminds him of that dog. Ji'e'toh still refuses to speak civilly to him (i.e. she hisses whenever he comes near her), but no real incidents thusfar.

This afternoon, I hiked around Gibson Jack (just barely south of Pocatello). I didn't make it all the way through the loop, as I lost the trail. I see two possibilities. Maybe a quarter mile before I lost the trail, there was a trail leading off to the side. That may have been the true trail. Otherwise, I figure it was buried under the snow in the area where I lost the trail. *shrugs* I'll start at the other end next time and see where it meets up. Many wildflowers up there. Many many MANY many. Hmmm... I must need more food. No animal pix, though I did see several hawks and some songbirds that I didn't recognize. I did see some cute fuzzy caterpillars and a few grasshoppers. Oh, I wore a different pair of shoes this time. As the saying goes... "My blisters have blisters." Ah well. Opposite problem on these shoes. The others had heels that were too tight. These were too loose.

No comments: