24 May 2006

Military Turtles

Another odd dream right before my alarm went off. I was in a military hospital or installation of some sort. I remember at least one typical hospital room, but I also remember going down to the basement to do some laundry, and discovering a green basket full of clean clothes that I'd never gotten around to putting away. At some point I wandered into some sort of gift store or cafeteria. By the cash register were these tiny animals made from various jewels. The turtle was about the size of my index fingernail, and was quite nicely done. There were generals, etc, in line behind me while I looked at the turtle. And those are all the details I remember.

Anyway, today I plan to hike a bit near IF, then go for a sword lesson at 13:00. *sighs* I bought some new hiking shoes when I was in Nebraska on the way home from Grandma's funeral, but on the last outing, they had a disagreement with my heels. The blisters popped before I got back (interesting learning to walk with the pain; best thing to do was to just relax the foot). So today I think I'll wear my new sandals. I don't want to wear the hiking shoes again until this injury is gone. I'm hoping that (1) the shoes have stretched out some now and (2) the blister spot callouses over.

No comments: