12 May 2006

Fort Collins

We got into town around 17:30. Discovered that Mom remembered the hotel wrong, but the right one was two hotels down, so no major loss. SRI THAI!!!! THAI ICED TEA FLOAT!!!! *ahem* Anyway, the Asian store in the mall had moved to the opposite side of the mall, but I found a small Buddha statuette (I'd been looking for a male statue the right size to compliment a Guan-Yin statue that I've got), some Chinese coins, and a mother's day present for my mom. (Shh!!!) At Barnes and Noble, I found a few books that interested me, but they are all available in Idaho, so I didn't bother with them. I did get two CD's that probably aren't to be found in Idaho. Joanne Shenandoah: Skywoman, and Ceredwen: Or Mabinogi. They're songs of legends, Iriquois and Celtic respectively. The Iriquois one seems to be mostly in English, but the Celtic one is in someting else, probably Gaelic.

Oh, and I got a really cool picture of the moon with a planet (likely Jupiter or Mars). If it looks as good on screen as off, I'll try to post it. But I'm too tired to dig out wires, unload pictures, load them into blogger, etc. Though that might take less time than me stating that I am too tired for such activity. Anyway, since this is rapidly deteriorating, I will say: "Good night. Sleep light. May fireflies provide you light."

No comments: