25 May 2006

Back to the Mundane

First off, the new curtains DO keep my living room much much cooler. I'll bet if I get a thick enough liner, they'll even be effective in the deep summer. I won't know for sure until July or so, though. :^D

Today I walked in town, and discovered that a store that claims to open at 9:00 am more accurately opens at 9:05 or 9:10 instead. Which is how I wound up at Wal-Green's. It stays open 24/7. I normally avoid Wal-Green's, since anything they have that I need is generally cheaper elsewhere. Today I found an exception. I use a straw mat for warm-ups at the park, especially when the grass is wet. I paid about ten bucks for the one I have now (which is starting to fall apart). This one was three bucks, and slightly bigger. I also found that Wal-Green's carries Tropicana fruit smoothies. I discovered these at a gas station in Cokeville on the way back from Grandma's funeral. I've been trying to find them elsewhere ever since. Most smoothies have milk or yogurt in them. These are just fruit (plus a few flavors).

And a bit of a surprise: I now have a camera phone. I share cell phone service with my mom (cheaper for both of us), and it was time to renew her contract. There was no requirement to update our phones, but there was an option. And these were nice ones, with a good deal, so Mom went for it. *shrugs* For me, it mostly means I have a back-up camera when my main one's batteries run out. Also, it's a flip-phone. Which means that I'll have a tendency to amuse myself by flipping it open and shut...open and shut... Mom didn't appreciate it when I tested the camera feature by taking a picture of her, though.

1 comment:

Becky said...

"Beam me up, Scotty."