02 October 2005

War

Hmmm... I've seen this story in two different places now. The claim is that all of the 100,000 to 300,000 protest marchers are extremists who are rooting for the insurgency in Iraq. I wouldn't be surprised of some of them were, but I saw interviews with some who definitely were not. So now I wonder what proportion of the marchers are that extreme, and what proportion are just citizens fed up with the mess? (If I find links to those interviews, I'll post them)

Addendum:
I haven't found the interviews, but here's a very different article about the protest, from Truthout. At the very least, it refutes the notion that all the protestors were extremists. However, the more Cindy Sheehan opens her mouth, the more I think she's a lunatic: "Occupied New Orleans" "CNN is covering Rita, and not me!" "We're making history!" (slightly paraphrased)

No comments: