21 October 2005

Swamp Money

Okay, I ran across an odd link, and here are the results:




My blog is worth $564.54.
How much is your blog worth?




$564.54, huh? Not bad considering I have no advertising connections whatsoever. I have no clue how this number was calculated, but I find it vaguely encouraging and rather amusing.

I also ran across a story about looking for a 16-headed swamp monster only to be disappointed and find a 3-headed frog instead.

Hmmm... Looks like the Harriet Miers nomination may have hit a brick wall. You never know in politics, but when even Bush's usual staunch defenders are looking askance at her, well... (Just for consideration: a few bloggers have suggested Miers may have been chosen because Bush is afraid the Republican majority will be overturned come Nov. 2006 and he'll be impeached; I don't think Bush is capable of contemplating a future where he is not supreme overlord, so I doubt that).

And from one of my favorite blogs, a look at famous last letters. The last one (reproduced in full) is quite a read.

Finally, some thoughts on death from an atheist blogger who goes by the handle "I AM." I find his perspective interesting, because mine was precisely opposite. I remember when I was ten or eleven, I was reading about the Challenger explosion, and trying to imagine what it would be like to die. The thought of just being "snuffed out," of no longer having any awareness of the world, scared me. Does it still scare me? Not in the same way, at least. I am convinced that consciousness is something that cannot be created or destroyed, just as matter and energy are. What form does it take after death? I don't claim to know, and I'm very suspicious of anyone who does claim to know.

No comments: