05 October 2005

Politics

I ran across a political quiz this morning, so I took it. Results:

You are a

Social Liberal
(68% permissive)

and an...

Economic Liberal
(30% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Democrat










Link: The Politics Test on Ok Cupid
Also: The OkCupid Dating Persona Test


My thoughts on seeing that it placed me as a Democrat? "Whoa. Dude. The democrats have an ideology?" The democratic party, any more, doesn't seem to have any opinions on anything. Hopefully that will change, as they are at least saner than most of the republicans.

At the end, it asks you to suggest a law you would like enforced in perpetuity, so I figured I'd share mine:
"I would dictate that... anyone trying to prevent free inquiry and learning be put into stocks and forced to listen to an audiobook of the knowledge he or she wishes to suppress."

Other suggestions: eggs be declared a fruit, passing a test to have children, equal health care, mandatory education requirements

2 comments:

John said...

I took this test just now.

"You are a

Social Liberal
(66% permissive)

and an...

Economic Liberal
(35% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Democrat"

Democrat? I'm for personal freedom and personal responsibility. I haven't seen much of either in the Democratic or Republican Parties lately. In all the Presidential elections since I became eligible to vote, by the time the election rolled around, I didn't vote for someone so much as against someone.

Qalmlea said...

:-)
That's how I feel. I figure if the Democrats will actually stand for something, instead of trying not to annoy anyone(which only annoys everyone), they might accomplish something.