26 October 2005

Incoherence

Hmmm... I haven't made a personal update for a bit... I'm close to halfway through Knife of Dreams. Beautiful. Wonderful. I love Robert Jordan (in a platonic, literary way). Partially I'm happy because we're finally seeing resolutions to longstanding plot elements. Partially, the POV characters are all maintaining my interest. There have been places where I got sick of the current POV and wanted to cut back and see how Perrin was doing, or Rand, etc. That hasn't happened yet in KoD. I don't want to spoil the book for anyone, but the Prologue is probably the longest prologue RJ has ever included. And the title is absolutely perfect: Embers Falling on Dry Grass. It's one of those sections where you can just feel the Pattern shifting around each event. :-D

Okay, so that I don't start writing spoilers, not much has been happening with me. Grading papers. Lecturing. Dreaming about giant wasps... I was sitting in the back seat of a car, and there was a huge yellowjacket, three or four inches long. I scrambled to roll the window down to let it out of the car, and managed to grab it instead. Somehow it didn't sting me, but I don't think I squashed it either. It was just gone. Then I saw three more large yellowjackets (only two to three inches) and managed to get the window down for them.

I can't think of anything else right now. I'm glad this week has been less eventful than the past two, actually.

No comments: