10 October 2005

Hide and Go Snooze

Someone at MIT has invented an alarm clock that runs and hides when you push the snooze button. Beautiful idea... :-) The inventor didn't expect a lot of attention, but (a) most people don't like to get up in the morning; (b) most people hate traditional alarm clocks; (c) it's a very amusing and innovative idea. It's not something I'm likely to get (assuming it makes it to market); I have never intentionally used the snooze button in my life. However, I can think of a few people who might benefit from it as a gift.

(Just a note on me: If I decide I'm too tired to get up, I decide how much more time I can devote to sleep and reset the alarm. That way I get useful sleep instead of being interrupted by the bloody beeping every few minutes. But I haven't done that in a long time. I find that the day is more productive if I get up at the same time each day.)

NOTE: I'm going to take it light on news posts for a while. I was finding myself getting irritated and annoyed over stuff I couldn't change, so I'm cutting back on reading news for a while. Not isolating myself, but at the very least I'm going to avoid seeking out political news for a while. Which means more "hiding alarm clocks" and fewer "It-Who-Was-Never-Elected" posts.

No comments: