13 October 2005

Finale (I hope)

Grandma's scheduled to be released tomorrow, after they do something else to her legs in the morning. Neither she nor the nurse knew exactly what. The hypberbaric chamber took down the swelling in her calf, but her ankle and foot are still pretty bad. The nurse said that some of the veins had gotten too narrow to allow the blood to go through normally. That may be what they're trying to fix tomorrow. Not sure. But since Mom works until 17:00 and won't be back in town until at least 17:30, I'm the one who gets to take Grandma back home. This should be interesting, as I am also supposed to be in my office from 14:00 to 16:00 to answer questions for an ADA student who is (finally) taking the last stats test. Nice girl, but she's got a double language barrier: (1) she's deaf; (2) English is not her first language. *sighs*

Anyway, I brought Grandma her preferred suitcase so she could gather up the things Mom and I have taken up to her, and I think just seeing it cheered her up. She's more than ready to be back home.

3 comments:

John said...

I'm glad she's okay. It sounds like it was a tough time all around.

Qalmlea said...

Thanks.
Unfortunately, she didn't get to come home today. More fluid in her lungs. Which, based on my research into diabetic kidney problems, isn't unusual for someone with poorly functioning kidneys. *sighs*

John said...

I hope she comes through okay. I know kidney problems can be really tricky.