01 July 2006

Scenic Views

Just a few scenery shots from the trip.

Reflection on the river in Leavenworth, probably the Wenatchee River. :^) I haven't taken the time to look it up to be sure.


A street in Leavenworth. The quaint, European architecture also shows up some places in Estes Park. Not exactly the same style, but definitely similar.


A view of a river in Oregon. It runs along the old Columbia Highway, so presumably it's the Columbia River. There are a whole bunch of waterfalls to stop at along this highway, and I'm planning to post a few pix of those eventually. See the little building on the bluff at right?


Well, here's a closer look! It's called the Vista House, and was apparently built as an observation point for ships coming up the Columbia. Inside is a small museum, smaller gift store, and even smaller cafe. Nice marble floors and walls, though.


Mossy tree. This was near Multnomah Falls (I think I spelled that right). Scenes like this have me muttering Wetlanders under my breath. I'll stick with my nice, clean desert.


More moss, this time growing on a brick wall next to one of the waterfalls. File this under "Qalmlea takes pictures of strange things" if you must, but I like this picture. Random trivia: Angus said that a lot of the stonework along the highway was put up as part of Public Works Projects under the New Deal. There's some nice stuff there.

2 comments:

kate said...

The third pic, of the tree branches, is stunning. Very rich colors.

Qalmlea said...

*grins* Yeah, that one turned out nicely. I changed my mom's wallpaper to that (without asking) and she made me change it back. Too busy, she said. Ah well.