25 July 2006

Rambling

I was going to post a butterfly picture from Scout Mountain, but Blogger's picture uploader is not being cooperative, so that will wait.

*sighs* I would have liked to have gone and hiked up to Independence Lakes today (near Burley), but I've got a few too many things to do. So those will wait until I get back from camp. What must I do? Well, get the front two rooms cleaned and rearranged, bake anything besides yeast bread that I want to take (yeast bread will wait until tomorrow), take my mom's vacuum to be looked at (or else look at it myself; I'm reasonably certain it's just the belt--Nope. Not the belt. Something's not getting power to the driveshaft that turns the belt), laundry, pack, and put all my plants where my aunt can find them. I'll try to give them a big, thorough drink before I go anyway, but I'll be gone long enough that they may need more.

I took a chest of drawers that I remember always being in the entryway when Grandma and Grandad were still in Akron. Mom didn't want it. Why? Because the drawers weren't on runners. *shrugs* They still open just fine, and it holds a LOT of stuff. It's already made my office about a thousand times more organized (and given me a bunch of empty containers to get rid of). My home office no longer looks like a junk room with a desk stuck in one corner.

And I found someone to take my old, too-big air conditioner. We gave it to my Aunt Sandra and her family. They've got some sort of cooler hooked to the window in one room (which currently is storing furniture for two or three other rooms that they're working on), but it doesn't get to the whole house. They have a much larger house than I do. :^) With my smaller window AC set at 76, the office tends to stay around 78, and the room furthest from the AC may get up to 84. When it's over 100 outside, 84 is just fine.

I guess that's enough for now. If I get enough done today, I might try a side trail at Gibson Jack that goes into some sort of "nature research area." We shall see.

No comments: