19 July 2006

More Sodaferous Flowers

This is probably Scentless chamomile, Matricaria perforata. Real chamomile has a strong scent (PRM describes it as unpleasant). There's also a similar daisy, but as my picture is most similar to another Matricaria (The pineapple weed), I figure it's scentless chamomile.


And here is a brush, likely Common Rabbitbrush, Chrysothamnus nauseosus. There's a very similar brush, Green rabbitbrush, C. viscidiflorus. The difference is that it isn't as hairy as Common Rabbitbrush. *shrugs* I can't tell by the picture how hairy those leaves are; can you?


Oooh, this is Jacob's Ladder, Polonomium occidentale. This is NOT from my books. This from one of the links (fourth picture down) I recently added on the left. My books have some Jacob's Ladder varieties, but not this particular one.


NASFGRM identifies this one as White campion, Silene latifolia. This or something similar also grew on the island in Leavenworth.

No comments: