16 June 2007

Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd

I've just been going through imdb to see what actors in the Pirates movies have been up to. Guess who's all set to play Sweeney Todd in a movie version of the musical? *grins* Other notables: Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Lovett. ('Ere you'll sample Mrs. Lovett's meat pies! Any time a treat pies! True, sir, true! You who eat pies, Mrs. Lovett's meat pies conjure up the treat pies used to do!); Alan Rickman (aka Nottingham from Prince of Thieves, among other roles) as Judge Turpin; Anthony Head (aka Giles from BtVS) as 'Ballad Ghost'. I don't recognize the rest of the names, but if they stick to the music, this could be very, very good. If they try to Hollywoodize it, it will be a massive disappointment.

I've got the recording with Angela Lansbury as Mrs. Lovett. Excellent and highly recommended. If they pre-release a soundtrack for this one, I will likely preview it to decide if I want to see it.

2 comments:

John said...

I'll bet more poeple remember Alan Rickman as Professor Snape, than the Sheriff of Notingham.

Qalmlea said...

LOL. For some reason, that role didn't come to mind. But then I'm very tired today. :^) Metatron from Dogma came to mind. *shrugs*