25 March 2008

PZ-ification

You have Matt to blame for this one. I made up a word in passing and Matt insisted that it was worth publicizing. So I give you (the mildly edited version; Matt will probably put up his non-edited version):

PZ-ificate (v.) to discuss at length the reasons religious people are all ridiculously idiotic and need to just realize it and die so the rest of us can get along nicely


Basically, if you've read one PZ-ificatory post, you've read them all. Do a word substitution for the party being attacked, change out a few derogatory adjectives here and there... the only interesting variety is if he includes some science critique along with the diatribe. There haven't been as many of this style of posts lately, for whatever reason. But I dug around in the archives for some typical examples:

On Ann Coulter
On the pope
On GW

These are actually fairly tame ones, but they were the first ones I found.

3 comments:

Snark said...

I think there ought to be a word for overzealous athiests, too.

John said...

personally, I find using our names works quite well.

Qalmlea said...

I don't think I'd count you among the overzealous. ^/^ But there are already terms floating around:

fundamentalist atheist (always good if you want to annoy them; they generally hate and argue with it)

militant atheist (less likely to offend than either of the other two)

"new" atheist (no one's really sure what's "new" about it, other than the publicity)