02 March 2008

February Searchlight

It's that time again...

gluten free toothpaste - Ummm... I've never run across a toothpaste with suspicious ingredients, actually. Well, natural flavors are always suspect, but I've never reacted to a toothpaste. I've used several varieties of Arm and Hammer, but at the moment I'm using Colgate, Luminous something-or-other.
"a wish named arnold" meaning charles de lint - Good story. If it's up on the web anywhere, I don't know about it.
"einsteinian orthodoxy" - Ummmm... You do realize that when it's called "science," it's constantly subject to testing and revision, right? There may be resistance to change, but there are built in safeguards to ensure that, if something is found to be incorrect, change will come.
"fishes in eight" - It's a transtion "posture" in the Cheng Manch'ing form. The toes point towards one another, making the Chinese character for "eight". The hands circle around, tracing the "fishes" of the yin-yang symbol.
"sari coasters" - Check Pier 1. At one point, they had a useful, easy to use web-site. Last time I checked, it was a big, flash, mess.
and the lady sir, did she succumb - Not willingly.
daoist belief in uselessness - To be useless is not to be used up.
does curry chicken have gluten? - Depends on the recipe. Ask and/or read carefully.
i found beetle in my rice - Annoying, isn't it? Make sure to check any adjacent packages as well.
nausea in evenings - do you drink caffeinated drinks in the morning? That was the culprit for me. By nightfall, I was getting withdrawal.

A few more below the fold.

poems about the sin gluten - Uh, sin? Poison, yes. Nasty, yes. But sin???
seeing a dog's skull in my dream - it means that you have offended the spirit of the Wolf. To make amends, you must join a pack and live as one of them. (and if you believe that, please send me your credit card numbers and bank account info)
"smashed the tv" - Good for you.
"sneaky dog" - Not as sneaky as kittens!
carl baugh is an idiot and lunatic - Uh, obvious much?
door drows - ??? Ummm... are you planning to make doors out of drows, or what?
flours christian greetings - I hope you mean flowers. If not, you have now become my sworn enemy for spreading gluten through the mail.
mathematician death's quiz - Uh, as in how we die or as in how past ones have died?

No comments: