01 June 2006

Restless

I had some strong chocolate around 19:00. Strong enough that I know I won't be able to sleep at this point, even though I'm usually in bed by now. Thus, restless.

I have a staple gun now. I've had it for a week or so, but tonight was the first time I used it. I have Grandma's vanity and bench, and the bench was covered with a rather insipid pink pattern, so I took a deep red pillowcase, put it over the fabric, and stapled it into place. Worked quite well, and looks much better. However, of all the tools I have, I consider the staplegun to be the most dangerous. Why? Because with a drill or a saw, it takes a moment to get going enough to do more than minor damage, and the noise warns you to move away. With the staple gun, it's instantaneous. If your finger, arm, or other appendage is in the wrong spot when you pull the trigger, OUCH! Admittedly, it won't do to much damage unless it's over a vital organ (or happens to be in a place where there's not much flesh between it and bone), but it won't feel very good and I doubt anyone can move quickly enough to avoid it completely. It will also shoot nails. Short nails, but they'll probably do more damage than the staples.

Oh, I took an old wireless phone apart today. I'm going to have to find some use for the old speaker parts. *grins* I might try to decipher the circuit board, but I'm not sure it's worth it. What else? Well, I got a table moved out of the kitchen (where it had been annoying me). So now I can move an old computer back upstairs (old, heavy monitor). My newer computer (the Dell) does not play music worth a darn. So I figure I'll try to get the old one running and delete anything not directly related to either playing music or keeping it functioning. We shall see how well that works, as it was having problems. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the Dell.

Tomorrow an outing to Lava Hot Springs is planned. Robin (choir director at the Methodist Church and a good friend of my mom's) is graduating AND having a birthday. I'm planning to drive up early and try to find something called "Centennial Trail" which apparently begins behind a War Memorial and goes up a hill behind a hotel. That's as detailed a description as I managed to find on the web. Oh, why Lava Hot Springs? Thai restaurant that we hear is good. I hope it's real Thai. Real Thai is NOT into soy sauce or wheat-based noodles. Hence, I can eat most of it. I also hope they have Thai-iced-tea. And that it doesn't keep me awake all night TOMORROW as well.

Okay, I've run out of things to ramble about. I'd say good night, but I'm not going to sleep for a while anyway.

2 comments:

Becky said...

We got a new Dell about a year and a half ago and it plays music beautifully. Yours is a laptop though, right? I think I'd be checking to see if this is the norm.

Food advice: stay away from caffeine late in the day.
: )

On our recent colleging excursion There was a morning when I had a foo foo coffee and some great chocolate covered coffee beans. I was having a great time talking to the driver when she said, "Oh yeah, you had all of that coffee, no wonder your talking so much." Coffee does rev me up, but it's not like I can feel it on the inside, per se, so it's hard for me to judge how much it affects me. A dangerous thing. Especially to the ears of whoever I am around.

Qalmlea said...

:^D After much experience, I can now tell when I'm being affected. I can even alleviate it to some extent. (And I generally do avoid it late in the day; it had just been an odd day)

And I tend to talk fast anyway. Just ask my students. One commented that when I paused to get a drink of water, they would let their pencils cool down.