24 June 2006

Departure

I'm off for parts northwest tomorrow. Several stops planned. Provisions nearly complete. Car...not quite loaded. The cooler will have to wait until morning. I was so busy this evening that it wasn't until 20:00 or so that I realized I had forgotten to eat dinner. Luckily I had leftovers from last night. Mom decided she wanted to go to the Thai place in Lava Hot Springs again, and invited Markie and family along (Markie is in the Methodist Church's choir and also works at the same place my mom does). Good food. Excellent Thai Iced Tea. Fewer mosquitoes than last time, but we weren't outside very much. Anyway, blogging may be sparse next week depending on the availability of wireless networks for me to latch onto.

Oh, Jean Luc got over 40 mpg on his last tank of gas. *grins* Hopefully he'll do as well or better on this trip.

Almost forgot: Today in taiji we were working on spiraling. Externally, this means making sure the movements flow and there are no "stops." Internally, this means keeping the qi flowing smoothly and evenly (if qi is nothing else, it is AT LEAST feeback from your body letting you know how it's functioning). Don corrected one qigong that we worked on, then asked me if it flowed better his way. I played with them both. "Well, my way was more greenish-blue. Yours is more orange." Didn't phase him a bit. "And which color is the more aggressive one...?" he asked. Yeah. Orange. Joe immediately wanted to know what else I associated colors with ("any other transferrence" was his terminology), so we discussed that a bit. Turns out that Joe had read some books on Synesthesia. I've skimmed some summaries of books on Synesthesia. I didn't read them mainly because I was just nodding along to most of the summaries.

No comments: