21 June 2006

Back to Hell's Half-Acre

I didn't quite make it up there early enough to get all the way to the vent without being late for my sword lesson *sighs* This despite getting up at 5:30, being on the road by 6:15 and getting up there at 7:15 (haven't quite figured that out, since I didn't speed and I thought it was closer to 80 minutes than 60). At any rate, my speed at traversing the rough terrain is increasing. I made it to the three mile mark this time, and got back to the two-mile mark a mite before 10:45 (which was when and where I turned around last time), and got back to the parking lot almost at noon precisely. Which gave me time to eat a small lunch (including some experimental bread using Montina flour: verdict, YUM!). I need to find a better way to get across Idaho Falls to Don's house, though. The two ways I've tried both have problems. 17th is full of traffic lights. The other route involves mondo backtracking. Both take a long time. I need to dig out a map and find a more efficient route. *sighs*

Anyway, I might post some pictures later.

2 comments:

kate said...

This is irrelevent to your post, but I like your background. Very dramatic.

Qalmlea said...

Thanks. It's one on Stephen Lawhead's site. :^) I've been looking for some ways to complement it in other places...but haven't found any I like yet.