06 December 2005

Maybe it's not just the ginger...

Okay, the tension headache is gone (i.e. the feeling that someone had a cord wrapped around my head and was slowly tightening it). However, this morning I discovered a bump on my head. I'm starting to wonder if I managed to knock myself on the head hard enough to give myself a concussion. The problem with this hypothesis is that I have no memory of hitting my head. If it was hard enough to concuss me, you'd think that I would. However, in the past ginger has only resulted in tiredness and fatigue, and now that I think about it (and research it), my symptoms over the weekend do fit with mild concussion:

  • Tiredness
  • Sensitivity to noise
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Clumsiness (somewhat; could easily be due to the fatigue)
  • Difficulty focusing the eyes
  • (minor) Sensitivity to light
  • Headache
  • Oh, and the bump on the head
This wouldn't be the first time I've given my head an extremely hard knock without really noticing. A month or so before my retinal detachment, my dad remembers me hitting my head while we were carrying something into my house. He was concerned, and I shrugged it off. Honestly, I don't remember it hurting very much. However, a blow to the head is a classic cause of retinal detachment, so... *shrugs* This probably means I shouldn't have driven to IF on Saturday; however it's a bit late to realize that.

2 comments:

Fibonacci said...

Maybe the bump to the head was so hard you experienced memory loss.

Qalmlea said...

That's a possibility...but given the angle, I can't even think how I might have done it. I think I would have had to stumble backwards and run into the corner of something leaning at an odd angle. Also, I don't have any obvious "holes" in my memory. *shrugs*