23 August 2005

Today

Well, I've now taught each of my classes at least once. Intermediate taiji didn't make, so I'm inviting intermediate students to come to the beginner's class (registered or not). If there's enough of them, we may split into two groups occasionally. They really do need form work, and Richard won't do that when he teaches in the spring.

Micah's been stopping by while I'm in my office. No problem yesterday. Today I hadn't quite finished my lecture outline for 253. So I'll need to start getting those turned out earlier, since it looks like he'll be stopping by rather regularly. This is not a complaint; just an observation. Micah's a lot of fun. We're planning to exchange music, since some of our tastes coincide.

Classes... There's a deaf girl in my second Stats class, with a notetaker and an interpreter. And my evening 143 class is (so far) quite lively and interested. I got lots of questions! I like getting questions. (1) It lets me know the students are listening and paying attention; (2) It means I'm not going so fast they can't process the material; (3) It can fill out a lecture that's just a tiny bit too short or catch something I've forgotten to mention. This is a welcome change from my 143 class of last semester *crickets chirping*

Okay, tired now. Need more food.

No comments: