21 August 2005

Preparations

Well, I have all my math syllabi taken care of. I have the beginning taiji syllabus done. I DON'T have the intermediate taiji syllabus done, but if necessary I can use the same one as for the beginners. What else... Well, get used to wearing pants again (Yes, I can teach in shorts. But I try to dress a bit nicer to teach than I do for everyday wear), get used to bringing lunch with me everyday... Oh, and get used to talking at people for several hours a day. Again.

I'm looking forward to teaching taiji, especially the intermediate class. They need a LOT of form work, and Richard either isn't interested enough to do it, or can't see how badly they need it. Melissa doesn't feel confident in teaching intermediates, so she mostly doesn't. Which gives me a semester to fix things up, at least somewhat. I won't get them to perfection (not even the masters have it down perfectly), but if I can get them a smidgen closer I'll be happy.

Now... I wonder if Yu Chen has finished with the copier yet...

No comments: