11 August 2005

At the Dentist

Had a dental check-up this morning. They have a new toy: a laser pen that checks the density of teeth to determine whether or not there are cavities. However, it does not work on teeth that already have fillings. Also, as soon as they brought it out, I had a funny feeling that it wasn't going to work very well on me (not sure why), and it didn't. Neither the doc nor the hygeinist could get it to calibrate. It wouldn't surprise me if it worked perfectly on the next patient, though. I also didn't think they'd find any cavities, and they didn't. So no return until the next check-up.

Just one note of warning for any female hygeinists who happen to read this... You ought to watch out for where your, uh, chest gets to while you're cleaning teeth. As a straight female, I just found it odd, but there are some who would be offended (and possibly sue for harassment), and others who would probably enjoy it a bit too much. It was obvious that she was only trying to position herself to reach whichever teeth she was working on, so I wasn't bothered. But I did notice, and some would do much more than notice.

No comments: