27 August 2005

Signs of the times...

On my way out of Idaho Falls today, I spotted an interesting combo of signs. First, a bright yellow one with an arrow "Employee Parking." However, ten feet past that was a "Construction; No Trespassing" sign. So...were employees supposed to park in the span between the signs, or what?

Random quote from last week: "Curse you, Don Schurman, for showing her these tricks!" said Mark. Don was demonstrating to me that "push-hands" is not really about the hands (which I mentally knew already). I put that advice to good use this week. :-D Mark was getting quite frustrated with me. Of course, he pushed me out the same way several times as well, but not...consistently enough for me to be frustrated by it.

Oh, and I watched Robots over at the SUB, since it was free. Overall verdict: enjoyable fluff. Rather predictable, I'm afraid, but enjoyable nonetheless. The most interesting thing about it was the way robot society was portrayed. Also, the graphics were superb. Several times I distracted myself from the plot, wondering how they'd managed to make it look like actual filming rather than computer graphics. And although the plot is a common one (corrupt corporation; newcomer shows up to put everything right), the way the battle was portrayed was interesting. The corporation wanted to force everyone into its own "perfect" mold. Anyone who couldn't afford to be "perfect" was obviously worthless and in need of destruction. I can think of all too many actual groups who think like that, though usually it's not money that's the limiting factor.

No comments: