20 July 2005

More odd dreams

Well, I seem to be on a dream kick lately. Actually, that usually means my sleep cycle is just a bit off so that I'm still in dream mode when the alarm goes off. These were not nearly as coherent as the mini-movie of last time. I'm not even sure about order, so I'll just present scenes.

  • Kim is talking to a nearly hairless guy who seems to be her new husband. She shows me a picture of them sitting in front of the fireplace in the house they're renovating. I look around the room and currently there is no room in front of the fireplace to sit. Anyway, either Kim's gone reverse Aiel ;-), or Spencer went into the witness protection program and had some major surgical work done. In the picture where they're in front of the fireplace, the guy has fuzzy brown hair and a mustache and is wearing large, round sunglasses.
  • Restaurant. My order arrives, and I neglected to tell them not to bring bread. For some reason, it came with three or four loaves of white bread (still in glass pans), and a full pan of cornbread. So I started distributing the bread to the rest of the large group, scattered at various tables around the room. I remember that my dinner came in a paper sack with the cornbread, and that I was going to have to wash the gluten off of it, but I don't remember what it was actually supposed to be.
  • I've climbed out of a window and am attempting to navigate around the upper story of a house on the rain gutter. I reach a place where I remember it broke before and I had fixed it with a twist tie. A very weak twist tie. So of course it breaks again and I'm clambering for anything to grab onto so I don't fall. Relative time seemed to take long enough that I should have fallen, but I've had time go slow on my in real life in those situations. So I'm back, safe on the ledge, and now I've made it to an easier part. There's a sort of balcony I can rest my feet on as I work my way across to the ladder. The ladder...is very odd. It looks like it's old and rickety, of old dry wood. Yet I step onto a rung, and it's like an escalator for a ladder. I just have to step onto the 'correct' step of the main ladder. Of course I miss, and have to adjust a bit. Then I climb down and see someone that (in the dream) I recognize. Thin weasely guy with a mustache and a 19th century haircut. Either he's wearing a huge fur coat or I am. Anyway, he runs off, and I know that he's gone to tell everyone the Huns are invading again. Apparently the ladder is of Hun manufacture, and this guy assumes that only Huns climb it. I remember running after him, and that's about it. I think the restaurant scene might actually have come after this, but I'm not sure.
  • I'm talking to my dad about something. I think I said something about guns. Suddenly there's a rifle in his hand and he's showing me how to use it. By the time the alarm goes off, the rifle has turned into a rope.

End of random dream scenes

No comments: