23 July 2005

Frogs & Feet


I have more pictures from Stanley... I got distracted trying to find all the flowers and forgot about posting anymore, so I figure I'll do some of the better ones a few at a time. This is of the live frog I saw (along with my feet and new generic Birkenstocks). I saw two other dead ones... I don't know what killed them, but I have to wonder if some kids caught them and kept them out of the water too long. They were quite a ways inland (for frogs, anyway). One of them was right on the trail, so I took a moment to bury him to the side.
Anyway, the next picture is a close-up of the same frog. I caught him for a little bit, but because I didn't want to hurt him, he wriggled free quite easily and then crawled up on shore to rest. (If you're on a slow connection, the full pictures might take a while to load... I didn't think to crop them down before uploading them)

No comments: