09 July 2005

Dungeons and Dragons and Drows, Oh My!

I played my first game of D&D last night. Not much happened, to be honest. I was unconscious in a side room for most of the game. Then a gnome got the door open, searched me for anything useful, and woke me up. Then I (groggily) followed the group as they opened another door and found five drow waiting for them. Five well-armed drow. Spencer (the dwarf; must remember to write down character names) was in the lead. His first volley took the arm off of one of them. Then our wizard (real name Scott, character...?) shot one of them dead and managed to pin it to the armless one. My shots all missed (found my stuff in a sideroom). The gnome got one in the elbow (no major damage)... I remember that the dwarf cleaved the last one neatly in three. Well, neatly apart from the blood spurting everywhere. That was the last room on that level, and it was midnight about then, so we called it quits. It is likely that we'll meet again next weekend.

Not directly related, but amusing... Spencer found some interesting battle songs. :-D
Silly Songs

Let's Go Pike a Knight! (to the tune of Let's Go Fly a Kite!) is one of the more amusing ones. It's under "reenactment songs". I'm a Viking would be more amusing if they'd kept the contradictory spirit of the original (O Susanna)

No comments: