25 July 2005

Departure and Ji'e'toh


Well, I'm off tomorrow. I'm going to Colorado with my mom and my grandma. I'll have a few days to wander with them, then Bataan's taiji camp, through Rocky Mountain Tai Ch'i, begins. My mom and grandma will probably hang out in Akron (their hometown) while my legs get tortured.

As part of preparations, I emptied the pictures out of my camera, and thought I'd post this one. It's not Ji'e'toh at her best, as she's annoyed with me for playing with the camera instead of petting her, but oh well. If you look closely, you'll notice that she only has one of her long canines. The other got infected and was removed on July 1.

But I'll be gone for about a week, and it's unlikely I'll have internet access during that time. Possible, but unlikely. So this may be my last post for a while. Camp begins Friday evening (the 29th) and goes through Wednesday noon (the 3d). Presumably, then, I'll be back on Thursday the 4th. However, given my mom's preferred rate of travel, this is far from certain.

Addendum: Just got back from loading up most of the stuff...and all I can say is "WOMEN!" We have less room because I need to take a sleeping bag and tent to taiji camp. So I packed as lightly as I could manage. My mom is still taking THREE suitcases. I've got 9 days worth of clothes, a few books, a small pillow, and a blanket all in one medium-sized duffel bag. What does she need three suitcases for, especially when we're already short on space? Agh. (And I consider myself a female rather than a woman, btw :-D) Oh, she also has a clothing bag to keep her clothes from wrinkling. *shakes her head in disgust*

No comments: