31 January 2008

Tagged.

I think I did this one before at my other blog, but it's one of the more entertaining memes, so I'll play along.

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)
Find Page 123.
Find the first 5 sentences.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people.

The nearest book was Letters and Sayings of Epicurus....which only has 100 pages. So I scrounged a few feet further and found that Elantris was still sitting by the chair. Hmmm... I'm not sure if I'm supposed to count each stop in a dialogue as a sentence...but I suppose I will. I'll also post the first five sentences as well, to give readers at least some context.

Gallodon snorted. "I didn't see you worrying when you shoved me out into that courtyard. Seen worms on hooks treated more kindly. Kolo?"

"Ah, but you made such fantastic bait," Raoden said. "Besides, it worked. We got the newcomers and you appear remarkably bruise-free."

"A state of being that is most likely a source of grand displeasure to Shaor's dogs."


And I hereby tag anyone who reads this and has (a) not participated in this meme yet; (b) a book sitting near at hand; and (c) a blog on which to post it. So if the three conditions apply to you, consider yourself tagged. If you're feeling magnanimous, put a link to your participation in the comments.

2 comments:

Fibonacci said...

I would participate, but I can't represent the notation in my Linear Algebra book properly.

Qalmlea said...

LOL. Is that the ONLY book you have with you and are you really THAT far behind on my blog? ^/^