14 January 2008

First Day Back

Apparently break was long enough, as I was actually glad to be back today. Of course, it helps that I'm teaching 123 this semester. There's a lot more variety in it than in the courses I usually teach. We're starting on voting systems and preference schedules. Otherwise, I only dealt with Math108 today. I talked half the time, had them sign the roll, and told those who didn't yet have a computer account (and hence couldn't log in to do anything) to go get one.

It was also the first day of the Logic class I'm taking. It was hard to pass up a class that had Gödel right in the name. Not entirely surprising that this philosophy class has more math majors in it than philosophy majors... The basic ideas (at the very beginning) are familiar. The names used for them, not so much. So the first bit I'll spend learning the lingo, most likely.

Tomorrow? Math143 in the morning and Math253 in the evening. So far I like this schedule. We shall see if this attitude continues.

Jumping back to last week, I went to the dentist, and they found nothing wrong. That pleased me. Also, the person who cleaned my teeth finagled my time for the next check up to make sure she got to clean my teeth again. She said she likes cleaning my teeth and even described them as "immaculate." This struck me as odd, so I asked if she'd seen some really bad cases. The look on her face indicated she had.

I think I'm rambling now, so I'll stop.

No comments: