14 December 2008

Wooden Art

***

Thanks to Fibonacci, I wandered down the basement of the SUB to check out the most recent art exhibit. I liked about 95% of it. A few pieces I found blah, and one I just didn't like. But most of them are quite nicely done. My favorite is the one at the top here, and there are more beneath the fold.


This was my next favorite. I love the tones of the wood, and the contrast with the copper.





This one is a broad view of one entire section. Part of the experience is the relation of the separate pieces to one another, and seeing them all from different angles. The most frustrating thing was that the flash on my camera washed out all the colors, but not using the flash made it difficult to keep the camera in focus. All of these were done sans flash, and they're decently focused.

No comments: