22 December 2008

Snow

We've gotten about 10 inches in the past 36 hours. Normally I look forward to shoveling, but the last time I went out and shoveled, I had a severe asthma attack. This time I took the precaution of using the inhaler before going out. Between that and the prednisone, I actually got the sidewalk, most of the driveway, and a path to the door and back yard cleared. I had halfway expected to get the sidewalk done and give up. It's nice to be feeling well enough to get stuff done again. The real question is whether the effects of the prednisone will last after I stop taking it. *sighs* The effects of the antibiotic, at least, should last.

I also went over to check on my mom's house, and someone had gone up and down her street, shoveling the walks, even the walk up to Mom's stairs and her driveway. He/She/They didn't do the actual stairs, so I wonder if it was someone with a blade on an ATV. Some more had fallen or blown in when I got there, so that everything was roughly four inches deep ... except the stairs, which were about 10 inches deep. So I took care of the stairs and re-shoveled the walk. Four inches was nothing compared to what I'd done at my place. I left the driveway alone, as it was easily navigable and I was already worn out. However, my mom just called to let me know that more had blown in in the interim. Spots were 10 inches deep again, and she didn't have the energy to shovel it all out. So I guess I know how I'll be spending tomorrow morning. ^/^

As they say, "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Amy...
I hope you have a nice one and
that your new year is most
pleasing. This is Becky Schells
Mother. I am up in Nampa with
my other daughter and family.
Pray all is well with you and
yours. Take Care G-Ma Calhoun