18 December 2008

GF Tips: Pumpkin cookies

At Thanksgiving, I had more pumpkin than I needed for the pies, so I froze quite a bit of it. Today, I decided it was time to do something with it and went hunting for cookie recipes. I used to love the pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies that they had in the stores, and I've never seen them pre-made and gluten-free. Of the recipes I scanned, I liked this one the best. It has a bit less fat than the others, probably because it adds eggs into the mix.

Mostly I stuck to the recipe, but I did add a quarter teaspoon of xanthan gum, extra vanilla, and varying amounts of the spices. Also, I used twice as much pumpkin as the recipe called for, mainly because that was how much was in the package I thawed out. They turned out quite well, and I'd recommend the recipe. Here's the link again.

Gluten Free Tips Index

No comments: