26 December 2008

Record Snowfall

... Records fall at Pocatello and Challis airports
today... correction...

0.62 inches of water equivalent fell yesterday... Christmas
day... at the Pocatello Airport and exceeds the previous record of
0.59 set in 1988.

A record snowfall amount of 5.9 inches fell
yesterday... Christmas day... at the Pocatello Airport and beats the
previous record of 1.1 inches set in 1988.

The Challis Airport also reported a record water equivalency of
0.29 inches yesterday... Christmas day... and beats the previous
record 0.17 inches set in 1959.

~Wunderground



The airport is several miles outside of town, so there could have been more in town. Or it could just look like more due to being blown off of roofs and such. I suppose I'd better get shoveling, as we may be getting another wave this weekend.

2 comments:

John said...

Wow. Here in Green River, we only have a couple of inches. Just enough to make the roads slick. We have lots of wind though. I'd prefer deep snow.

Qalmlea said...

Yeah. My neighbor was out shoveling at the same time I was this morning, and commented that she was tired of all the snow. I told her that I didn't mind the snow; I just got tired of shoveling it. She seemed to think that was an odd sentiment. ^/^