15 February 2008

Sick Day

As in, I currently feel rotten and would rather like the 100 degree fever back, if it would make my head clear up. I made it to my one lecture today, primarily to give students the second set of Chapter 5 homework and to clarify something I'd loused up on Wednesday. Then I let them go. I made it to Wal-Mart to buy catfood, and forgot everything else I'd meant to look for there; called a bit before two to check the Math 108 center, and it wasn't busy, so I didn't go. I covered for Nathan two weeks in a row when it wasn't busy, so no worries there. Then Chang's for dinner, as I was starved and cooking sounded comparable to driving nails into my skull. I picked up some stuff for stew at WinCo, and e-mailed in sick for taiji tomorrow. Ugh. Who'd've thought that a high fever could produce fond memories? On the bright side, my breathing is mostly okay. The Flovent is doing that much for me, at least.

ADDENDUM: Tried ibuprofen this morning. Didn't do much. Tried aspirin tonight...and roughly an hour later I'm feeling considerably better. Neither one touched the high fever from a week ago, but aspirin seems to help with whatever I've got now. The only reason I even have any aspirin is because of the rebound headaches I got from ibuprofen this summer. So perhaps I should be grateful for them... I can probably manage that right up until I overdo the ibuprofen and they start up again.

No comments: