12 February 2008

Down With This Sort of Thing

This may just be the coolest protest ever. Oh, and a small heads-up to the Scientology, er, high priests or whatever they're called: Tom Cruise is not helping you. Quite the opposite. He is scaring people away from your, er, organization.

For the record, I have the same problem with Scientology that I have with televangelists: it's all about the money. If even a tenth of the rumors about Scientology are true, then my problems with it become even worse. I don't particularly mind their basic myths, which make about as much sense as most other religious myths. But when part of their schtick is to deny the validity of all psychological/psychiatric medicine, it can have dire consequences. I hope that the stories are exaggerated... but I suspect that they are not.

No comments: