17 February 2008

Hair Gone!

I just attacked my hair with my clippers. Normally I try to let other people do the attacking during the semester, professionals for instance, but this semester... when I've had time, I've felt lousy; when I've felt like getting it done, I haven't had time. Ergo, clippers. I have a day or so to do any touch-ups before anyone at school/work can have a fit about it.

Oh, and, yes, I'm feeling somewhat better today. The progression was:

Monday - feeling mostly okay
Tuesday - a bit off
Wednesday - further off
Thursday - ACK.
Friday - DOUBLE ACK
Saturday - DITTO
Sunday - better than I've felt since Wednesday

Incidentally, watching Ninja cartoons whilst sick can have odd side effects. Like screaming at the germs that they'll never defeat you, and that they'll soon call your body the "dying ground." And, no, I wasn't screaming aloud...though that could have been entertaining, especially at the grocery store. `/^

6 comments:

John said...

Witty banter and ultimatums are very cathartic. Even if your target is not human, or actually imaginary (as is often the case for me), the benefits vastly outweigh the strange looks, so don't hold it in.

Don't forget the maniacal laughter, though. That's the best part.

Qalmlea said...

I've found that maniacal laughter can be a good way to get my mom to drop a topic entirely (and occasionally forget what the topic was).

Snark said...

I think the target includes lizards. But that might just be me. One time I had my whole head shaved when my partner lost her hair due to breast cancer. I would've gone on and had the mastectomy, too, but Medicaid wouldn't cover an elective mastectomy, although it would cover putting me in the bug house for wanting one. The thing about having your head shaved is that when it grows back, it's like velcro on the damn pillow at night. It has to get a good centimeter long for that not to happen.

I always cut my own hair, just whenever I get bored with it. It probably looks like it.

How do you put a picture on this freakin' blog space? I would swear I saw a place that asks what's your link to your picture, but I can't find it now that I've found a picture.

Qalmlea said...

Nah, I didn't shave it all off. I put the one-inch attachment on, and used the half-inch on the back part.

And to add a picture, look for an icon that looks like a square photo of mountains with a lake and a tree. In html, it's the next one in from the right. In compose mode, it's two in from the right. You can either upload it from your computer using browse, or you can link to an existing image.

(I meant to reply this morning, but I kept getting a weird 403 error whenever I tried to do anything through Blogger)

kate said...

I hate "double ack" days.

Qalmlea said...

Doesn't everyone? `/^