10 October 2007

Progress

If I'd had only three lectures to give yesterday, it wouldn't have been too much of a problem. By the fourth, I was lagging. I let them go early. They weren't going to get much more out of me. On the plus side, I did make it through the material, albeit more briefly than I might have on a better day.

On Monday, I was pretty out of it. In philosophy class, I was hearing all the words, and recognizing them, but they weren't really connecting to much of anything for me. Today, I was following everything pretty well. Oh, we're discussing Adam and Eve now, but more on that after Friday's class. Anyway, I started feeling better on Monday night, and measured my temperature just out of curiosity. 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit. Lovely, eh? It hasn't been over one hundred since then, thankfully.

Today I'm feeling quite a bit better. Enough better that Buster finally got to go for a walk for the first time in a week and a half. First, the symphony interrupted. Then I wasn't feeling well. I wasn't quite feeling up to it this afternoon, but I made it up the hill by my dad's place with less difficulty than expected. I'd been riding the bus up the hill on campus. Flat ground? No problem. Downward slope? Great. Uphill? Ugh. But maybe tomorrow I'll feel up to walking up the hill on campus.

So this has been one of the more persistently irritating colds I've had in a while. Saturday, Sunday and Monday were all pretty bad, though I started to improve on Monday. Slightly better Tuesday. Quite a bit better today. Hopefully progress continues. Oh, and I've got all the hand-outs for tomorrow's classes ready. 015 isn't printed yet, but that's a matter of a few minutes.

And that's probably enough of me rambling on for tonight.

No comments: