07 May 2007

Fire bad. Tree pretty.

Tests graded. Brain tired.

I just finished grading my second set of finals. Then there's the mass grading session tomorrow. Ugh. But the end in sight is! And I like yoda talking (typing?) am. Me go bed now 'fore it gets worse.

UPDATE:
All the major grading is done. I have one outstanding ADA test, and two students who missed their finals. If I don't hear from them by Tuesday, they get a zero on the final. Other than the holdovers, I've got one class's grades left to enter. That's Math025. I can't enter grades until I know how the students who got moved into Cathi's section at midterms did. Anyway, I have a headache now (Damn you Madden! {read Little Country if that makes no sense}).

And the mass grading went more smoothly than usual. Tracy's method of divvying things up seems to be less...painful than other coordinators we've had. We worked in groups of three, each grading the same set of problems with a gradekey that we all agreed on beforehand. This meant that most things were decided before we started and that we had consultants if we came across anything too weird. The most amusing bit of weirdness was a student who'd scrawled "Next time follow the Study Guild!!!!!!!!!!" across the top of one of our pages. We presume he/she meant "Study Guide" and was complaining that the test was not identical to the practice test. Boo-bloody-hoo. Oh, and you wouldn't believe the formulas that people thought were for area/circumference of a circle. Yikes.

2 comments:

John said...

BtVS, how I miss thee.

No, no, no. I'm sure the student was just from Ankh-Morpork. He/she was reprimanding you for violating guild practices.

You're wrong. I would believe just about any depth of math/science foolishness. I once had a guy try to argue that Earth's rotation is what creates gravity. Not with me, with our physics professor.

Qalmlea said...

LOL. One obvious flaw in that: the centripetal motion would tend to push things off of the earth.

And as far as I know, we don't have a guild for studying. However, if we did, the objection would be irrlevant. It would be the testmakers guild responsible, after all. ;^)