01 May 2007

Dead Week

Every class had a test on Friday, and every class got their tests back in the next class period. So I have nothing to grade until Monday. By some stroke of luck, all of my classes have their finals on Monday. I'll actually only have three classes left to grade, since the late-first-half Math025 class is done now. I always try to schedule things so that I can just review during dead week. If there's something important I've skipped over, I'll add that in, but otherwise just review. I think I do that because that's the way the majority of my undergraduate classes were, and I rather liked it.

So...5 lectures left to give. I think I can manage that. I'm a lot less burnt out this semester than I have been in previous semesters. I think that has a lot to do with my 108-day regimen(s). (For anyone wondering, it's day 18 of the second 108 days today). Getting three rounds of the form in is tougher than I expected, but I've managed. I've also discovered that I can do the sword form with a knife. This means that I (barely) have enough room to do that form inside, if I don't get it done before dark. The weighting is different, but so long as the knife is double-edged, the moves make just as much sense for a knife as for a sword. Though with a sword, your opponent can be further away, of course.

No comments: