14 January 2007

Tidbits

  • the antihistamine in eyedrops makes me drowsy, just like every other antihistamine I've ever used, even though there is no warning of such a possibility on the box. Apparently, the kind of antihistamine is the one LEAST likely to cause drowsiness, but it still made me pretty out of it. However, at the time I used it, I was already out of it due to messed up eyes, so that was all right.
  • lack of refrigerator currently due to lack of pick up for hauling it. Some refrigerators cannot be moved in any position but upright, and apparently they do not label which are which, so we need a pickup that does not have a shell on it. Convincing my dad to take the shell off of his in this weather...would be like trying to get a kid's tongue unstuck from a flagpole.
  • but I did get the freezer mostly emptied, by throwing away a bit of old stuff and taking the rest to the downstairs freezer. I'm not planning to empty the refrigerator until I know for certain when the swap is going to occur.
  • I got to play rescuer to my mom this morning, by rushing to the store to get her some of the same eyedrops she'd gotten for me. Hers may not be a simple allergy, however, as they got worse even before the drop should have worn off.
  • (ADDENDUM) Mom went to one of the urgent care clinics this afternoon, and received a bevy of antibiotics. They think her eye problem is conjunctivitis, so she strongly suggested that if my eye trouble came back, I should go get it checked out. However, mine cleared up after a few applications of the antihistamine drop, so I'm still thinking "allergy."
  • Merlin doesn't mind the cold much. I've been letting him in on occasion so that he can warm up, but he never wants to stay for long. This morning, I got the distinct impression he wanted me to come outside to play. He certainly didn't want to come in. :^)

No comments: