25 January 2007

CSssssss-Sigh

After watching last week's episode and the first few minutes of this week's, I've come to the conclusion that the thing that keeps me watching CSI is Grissom. The other characters and the crimes and the science are all interesting, but it's Grissom who makes the show for me. He wasn't in last week's episode. His character is on sabbatical, and his pseudo-replacement is just this side of intolerable. This week, I made it five minutes in before getting bored. There was a hint on the last episode with Grissom that he would be needed to resolve a seasonal plot-arc (which seemed to have been resolved in November, but I thought it was suspiciously pat at the time), so he'll at least be back at some point this season. If this is a prelude to eliminating the character altogether next season...well...they're going to lose a viewer. It may have just been an excuse to bring this annoying new guy in, though.

Which would cut my regular shows down to two: Mythbusters and My Name Is Earl.

4 comments:

John said...

The only show I watch is "Smallville," since "BtVS" and "Angel" ended. I used to watch "the Simpsons," but that got old a while ago. Here's to new episodes of "Futurama" in 2008.

Qalmlea said...

I see the Simpson's once in a blue moon or so. I saw most of the first season of Smallville, but lost track of it sometime in second season (likely because I taught the night it was on and never remembered to record it).

As for Futurama, I've never seen it. :^)

John said...

Never seen Futurama? Oh, you are missing out.

It was created by Matt Groening,like the Simpsons, but it's much funnier. Partially due to the Star Trek jokes

"(Leonard Nimoy) When I directed Star Trek IV, I got a good performance out of Bill because I respected him so much.

(William Shatner) "And when I directed Star Trek V, I got a good performance out of me because I respected me so much."

Qalmlea said...

Nice. I'll keep an eye out for it.