02 January 2007

Another year, another semester

I went in today to get my transcripts syllabi up-to-date for Spring, and to make sure my classes hadn't gotten switched around. That's more of an issue in the fall, usually, but I figured I ought to check. But, nope. Same schedule as before. The nice thing is that I'm done by 14:00 every day of the week. T/Th I'll be helping with taiji after that, though. I don't like starting that early in the morning (8:00 MWF and 9:00 TTh). Not because I don't get up that early, but because I prefer to practice yoga and taiji then. Ah well. I'll work them in somehow.

In other news, my mom gave me a Fred Meyer gift card (because she's afraid to pick out movies or music for me), so I got Monk, Season 2, and watched the last episode this morning. It's a nicely done series that has just the right mix of seriousness and humor. I'd only seen one of the Season 2 episodes before (Mr. Monk Goes to Mexico) so everything else was new. My only complaint is that the season was only 16 episodes long. *sighs*

Other gifts? A beautiful basket from Fibonacci and family (currently on the bench in my meditation room, keeping it more organized than it was before); two sweaters from my dad (actually, money from my dad, used to purchase said sweaters); a native american flute; a jig-saw; a blue, glass kitty-cat (who seems quite at home amidst my dragons); mixed nuts; and a puzzle. The puzzle won't be put together for a while. I'm thinking of turning my former downstairs meditation room into a sort of den. At the very least, there's room for a card table in there. So when that room's usable, the puzzle might get put together.

The only other news item is that I finally upgraded to the new version of Blogger. So maybe when I get bored I'll go back and tag all my posts.

No comments: