24 September 2005

Taiji Workshop

I'll be out of town until Sunday night or afternoon (depending on how well my legs hold up). There's a Ben Lo workshop down in Logan, supposedly focusing on the second third of the form. How to explain the significance to non-taijiplayers... Well, my teacher has several times gone to private lessons and specifically asked to work on the last third of the form. They say, "Sure, ok, but let's go through it from the beginning once." So Don starts going through the form. "No, no, gotta stop ya; can't let that go." They never get to the last third. Also, Cheng man Ching died before he gave the final word on how the last third should be done. He had gone through the first and second thirds in great detail, so most students do them pretty much the same. But since he never finished the last third, there are lots of variations in it. So we'll see if Ben Lo actually lets us work on the second third, or if he stops us in disgust during the first third. :-)

I'll have my cell phone with me if anyone needs to get a hold of me, but it will probably be turned off during the workshop itself.

No comments: