21 September 2005

Perpendicular

I had an interesting experience while meditating this morning. On some level I was trying to get back to that feeling of my mind encompassing the universe that I had once in a dream. Then some part of me remembered that trying is bad, and the words "do or do not; there is no try" started floating around in my head. As soon as they did, I felt something start to rotate. I helped it along, rotating it through ninety degrees, and came very close to the feeling in my dream. It wasn't quite the same; I think there must be another axis of rotation somewhere in there.

Back in normal, waking consciousness, I wonder what the axes represent. There's certainly no physical axis such as the one I found in my mind. So somehow I'm moving perpendicularly to all the regular, physical dimensions. *sighs* And now I've probably analyzed it to the point that I'll never find the axis again. Ah well. Such is life.

No comments: