01 September 2005

Not much to report

I found out that I do work 5 hours in the math lab once it opens (next week, I think), so I got those set up. Not too bad; I filled in the gap between Real Analysis and Taiji with three of them (could have done four, but I wanted to get up to Reed Gym a bit early), and added an hour before my office hour on T/Th (aka T/R). It's been a while since I've had to work there... last time, my stats students all figured out when I was there and showed up en masse.

It looks like they're planning to fill Holt Arena's parking lot with a bunch of huge equipment. Again. It's very annoying when they fill up all the free parking up there. Also, the construction on 15th has made it rather difficult to GET to the Holt Arena parking lot. I'm actually considering walking on MWF, and not just due to parking lot and construction problems. The price of gas is due to shoot through the roof. It's going for $5-6 a gallon down South (one news source commented that the offshore oil rigs weren't just damaged: they were GONE; and several refineries are either flooded or dead), and it's sure to come up plenty here. Besides, I could use the exercise. My weight started creeping up over the summer, and while I think it's partially muscle (my quads have gotten a lot stronger), some of it is also fat, so it's time to buckle down.

As far as the tragedy down south... All I can say is...wow. It's easy to forget how powerful nature can be. If you want current info on what's going on down there, this is a good place to start.

No comments: