29 September 2005

Signs

As I drove down twelfth today, a white dove flew out of a tree, flapped around, and disappeared into the leaves of the tree. It's obviously a sign! It must mean something! Possibly, it means that there's a white dove flying around Pocatello. AHA! A Sign!!! (Hmmm...perhaps honey-lemon-garlic tea has an effect on me similar to chocolate...)

Oh, and someone took down my sign in the math center. It's normally full of supposedly encouraging signs like "I use math everyday!" I discovered that the letters in that one could be rearranged to "Die, heavy stray emu!" So I stuck that in with the enouragement sign yesterday. It was gone today. So I shall have to come up with a new and more insane anagram! HA! Take that evil sign-taker-downers!

(Side note on that: one of my stats students was there while I was figuring out that anagram. I wrote out the letters on a copy of the Bengal, tore them so that each letter had its own piece of paper, and rearranged them like Scrabble tiles. My student had apparently been watching me and said, "You're not bored, are you?" :-)

No comments: