05 September 2005

Fishing and Smithing

Well, I didn't wind up making turkey stew. Why? Because it would have been $10 for enough turkey, whereas I could get more frozen tuna for about $6. So I made fish stew, a first for me. I put a red bell pepper and an orange one in, along with a bunch of radishes, a bok choy, two sweet potatoes, a turnip, and some brown rice. Bok choy, btw, is kind of like a cross between cabbage and celery in both appearance and taste. It's actually pretty good, but I suspect I'm going to get tired of it before it's gone. If so, I'll try to freeze it for emergency meals later on. This is the first time I can remember not putting garlic into a stew...but it just didn't sound good with the fish. Funny, but I hated tuna while I was growing up, but we never had anything but the canned variety. A year or two ago I tried a tuna filet and discovered that it actually tastes good when it hasn't been ruined by canning.

And last night I went to see Mr. & Mrs. Smith. It's a lot of fun. Not very plausible in places (how do agencies that go around shooting up residential neighborhoods expect to remain secret?!??!?), but still a ton of fun. I think my favorite conversation is when they're hashing out their marital problems in the middle of a high-speed chase. "We're gonna have to redo every conversation we ever had!" Or when their captive asks, "Who are you people?" Hilarious. (Random related thought: if James Bond really existed, he'd be the worst spy in the world, because he draws too much attention to himself. He'd make an excellent decoy, however. :-)

No comments: