06 February 2007

Existentialist? Not recently...


You scored as Existentialism. Your life is guided by the concept of
Existentialism: You choose the meaning and purpose of your life.



“Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world,
he is responsible for everything he does.”

“It is up to you to give [life] a meaning.”

--Jean-Paul Sartre



“It is man's natural sickness to believe that he possesses the Truth.”

--Blaise Pascal



More info at Arocoun's Wikipedia User Page...

Existentialism


90%

Hedonism


70%

Utilitarianism


60%

Justice (Fairness)


55%

Apathy


30%

Kantianism


15%

Strong Egoism


15%

Nihilism


15%

Divine Command


0%

What philosophy do you follow? (v1.03)
created with QuizFarm.com


I was really into existentialism when I first encountered it in high school. And it's still the only western philosophy I've encountered that makes much sense to me. But there were no eastern philosophies represented, so I guess Existentialism is the closest the West has come. *shrugs* Though I do like the resulting quotes. (Via Signs of Insanity)

5 comments:

John said...

Coincidentally, check out today's xkcd.

Qalmlea said...

LOL. Nice.

At any rate, nowadays I consider "What is the meaning of life?" to be on par with "What is the meaning of butter?" *butters some corn-on-the-cob*

John said...

Yeah, I've never really spent much time on "What does it all mean?" It's enough for me that it is. I think that's why I got such a high Apathy score. I'm content to just be.

IAMB said...

Funny... I ended up being told I'm a hedonist. I guess if the shoe fits...

Speaking of butter, I need to build myself a buttered cat reactor one of these days just to see what happens.

Qalmlea said...

I'm torn between amusement and a desire to protect innocent felines. :^)