11 February 2007

Effects

I've made it to Day 47 of my old-year-resolution, and I seem to have hit the point where my appetite shifts. This happened before when I had a regular yoga practice (and little else). Basically, my body starts craving healthier foods after a stint of regular practice. Which is good news, as I have put on a bit of weight and this will likely help me get it back off. So will the exercise, of course, but this will definitely help.

That (presumably) flu that I had left me with a sore throat after the fever left. It's not completely gone yet, but it's been getting less each day. Today's the first day since the fever hit that I've felt truly awake and alive. I also got a heckuva lot done around the house (laundry, dishes, general clean-up). It's been needing done for a while, too.

I've decided that I actually like the new Ross store in Pocatello. Not for their clothing—as far as I'm concerned they could ditch the clothing and make the store an eighth as big—but for the stuff in the back. Some furniture, lots of household accessories, some decorations, some kitchen stuff... Basically, Ross is a wannabe TJ Maxx. Wannabe in the sense that their stuff is generally of lower quality. But they seem to have more of what they DO have. I'm on a cleaning/organization kick at the moment, and found a desk organizer made to look like stacks of books. They also had a large Guan Yin statue. It's made of something light (papier maché? wood? *shrugs*) and was very cheap for its size. Now if I can just get the spot cleared out to put her...

An oddity: it seems that I may have missed getting two bills in December, as if they'd come, I would have paid them, and their totals seem to have been added on to this month's bill. One of them I know goes through Denver, so that may be the explanation there, but the other is a local company. Ah well.

Closing thought: I've got close to 40 quotes for the randomizer to select now. I think I'll go dig up some more.

3 comments:

John said...

I'm not very happy with the "Random Atheist Quote Generator that I put in my sidebar. I think I'll have to make my own, too.

Qalmlea said...

I didn't make the whole thing. I did a search for "blogger" "random quotes" and found some code that already worked, with five pre-inserted corny quotes that I immediately changed. I like this one because when I add quotes, I don't have to go back and change anything in the script. I found three or four examples, though.

John said...

I'll probably do that, too. If I had the time I'd try making one from scratch, but I don't think I will for quite a while.